Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How are you handling your finances with COVID-19 still being an issue?

I know a lot of people out there are struggling and it has been a very hard year for a lot of us. I have been doing my best to work on my savings. When I have extra income, I don't spend it like I normally would. I started that at the beginning of the year so when I was out of work for 8 weeks, I was able to manage just fine but now my savings has been reduced to maybe 20% of what it was. I am able to work again, but only from home and only part-time so I really have to watch my spending now.

It's hard for many and so I am but I'm in better condition because our industry is not big hit right now but never know about future. I also started freelancing from last 3 months make some extra money to make sure I'll manage in future in case if I lost wages or significant reduce in income.

I'm a healthcare professional, so I'll always have work if I needed to work, because people are always going to be sick.  But, more recently I've been dabbling in online ventures as a side-kick, just to see how far I can take it.  Also, I have family obligations, so staying at home during Covid was kind of necessary sometimes, especially like when you have to do stuff for the elderly members of the family.  So, in dealing with Covid, I'd have to balance the need for work/finances with the needs of the family in ways that were not expected or necessary prior to Covid.

Thanks,

Z

I am not in good condition as I lost my working packages as we have 20% pay cut to accept the offer else I need to lose my job and our office and work closed for nearly 7 weeks so I am not in good position right now hopefully my saving will help me to carry this year else I have to thing something else to make some extra money.

Hi,

Covid-19 is really tough on the kids too.

Having my kids stay at home is hard for their wellbeing and overall moods and needs, because it is natural for them to go out and play.  It is natural for them to want to go to the beach, and interact with other little kids.

This disease has really messed up the world's sense of balance between work, family, and leisure.  I hope they find a vaccine soon.

But with regards to the financial issues, I guess for some families, being locked down, and not having to pay for a babysitter for your kids is some relief from the financial costs of babysitting.

Thanks,

Z